Sunday, October 12, 2008

When All Else Fails, Go to the Pumpkin Patch

So we had an interesting weekend...
We were supposed to go to Phoenix and visit Greg family on Labor Day weekend, but for a variety of reasons, we postponed the trip. We attempted to make up for it and go this weekend, but things didn't exactly go as planned.
All day Thursday I waited to hear if Greg could find someone to work his property for the weekend and release him from duty, and the verdict changed several times throughout the day. So I started packing, then I stopped, then I started again. Finally, all looked good and Friday afternoon we packed up the car and headed out!
About 20 minutes into our journey we hit the traffic. It was unexpected, and slow, but we chugged along. After two hours in this traffic, Greg realized the temperature guage on the dashboard was signaling trouble. We pulled off, he checked the engine, and couldn't see any explanation. So we tried to go a little further, and that little arrow kept saying "TOO HOT"! So we pulled off, again, talked it over, and decided to play it safe and head back home. Addie broke down crying with disappointment at not getting to see Meemaw, and we were all bummed. But, there's no way we want to break down at midnight in the middle of the desert. So we blasted the heat the whole way home and after 5 1/2 hours, we were back where we started. What a bummer!

I was determined to have a good weekend anyway, and Greg was determined to not be bested by the car. He had a hunch he knew what was wrong, and tried making a small repair himself to see what it would do. The next day, after an hour and half of effort, GREG FIXED THE CAR! (Can you tell, I'm soooo proud of him?!) It cost a whopping $15.

Riding high on our victory, we took Addie to the pumpkin patch for some fun. We had a blast!

Here's our little cheeseball, smiling for the camera, like she was told to, but with extra spunk.


"I'm smiling, I'm smiling....
I'm smiling!"
Here are my loves with their Daddy pumpkin and Addie pumpkin. Next weekend we'll be picking out the Mommy pumpkin at a special pumpkin patch- stay tuned for that!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Monique said...

The Mommy pumpkin, mmmm, what could that be and where? I think I know, I think I know but I won't spoil it for the rest of your blog viewers!

markandjesss said...

I'm glad you guys did something fun. And got such cute pictures! I'm dying to see where you get your mommy pumpkin! -Jess

Mom Linda said...

I want to know what was wrong with the car! (George thinks it was the thermostat)
Such cute pictures!

DellaRose said...

dang she is such a punk already...wow! i am glad you guys didn't pout and complain to everyone like i would have done ;) way to have joy anyways!

The Kaemingk's said...

Are car problems just the worst? At least you got that far - we're not allowed to drive more than 2 miles at a time ;)