Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Greg: AKA: Super Husband/Dad

Greg may have had a little vacation from being the super-duper-do-everything-guy around here for a few months, but last week he had to snap right back into his role. Unfortunately, I got really sick-- an ear infection, sinus infection, and bronchitis, and I was no longer a functioning wife & mommy. Of course it hit on the week of our 8th anniversary, my baby shower, and Father's Day. Oh well. We skipped the anniversary and I made it to the shower, though I wasn't myself. Father's Day got a little effort, though not as much as Greg deserves!

We decided it is only fitting to kinda miss these holidays, since we've skipped most holidays for the past year! My birthday last summer (I was sick), Christmas, Greg's Birthday, and Valentines all came while I was in the first half of the pregnancy, so those got skipped. On Mother's day, Greg was sick, on Father's Day and our anniversary, I was sick. For awhile we kept pledging that we'd make the day up and celebrate later, but there's just too many to catch up on now! Now we just know this will be the year we'll never forget, and we have lots of precious memories of taking care of one another (and being taken care of) and a lot of love and appreciation for each other. You can't buy that for a gift!

Anyway, I am feeling a little better each day. The doctor put me on antibiotics and I am slowly recovering. I am amazed at how tired I am! My body must be fighting really hard. Had a check-up on Scotty yesterday and I've lost 3 pounds since my check 2 weeks ago, but the doctor didn't seem alarmed, so I won't be either. I've got just a little over a month to go to get to the finish line- hooray! Now it's time for all the last details to get put in place, the last items purchased, and then sit around and wait!

0 comments: