Friday, December 29, 2006

All I want for Christmas is my front tooth...

Another Christmas traveling adventure! As if Addie's exctiement wasn'tenough, Niki's front tooth began hurting on the drive to Arizona from California. Given all that was going on with Addie, and because this tooth has been a problem since childhood, I ignored it. After several days of pain, I began to entertain the idea that maybe I should see a dentist. I wanted to put that off because this tooth had a root canal when I was about 10, so I knew that if it was hurting, something was really wrong and this wouldn't be a simple dentist visit. But when I got one of the worst headaches of my life up the middle of m face, I gave in and was taken to the dentist.

So my wonderful mother-inlaw took me to see her dentist and I begged him for some good news (but knew he wouldn't have any for me). He did have some good news- that there was something to do now for the pain to get me through until I can see my dentist back home. I got some antibiotics (like mother like daughter) for what appears to be an infection that is aggravating a bit of nerve that never was removed. Meaning, I have a failed root canal and will either have to get a new one, or get the tooth extracted and have an implant screwed into my jaw! Now there's something to look forward to!

We are hoing that this trip can be adventure free until we return to California! We have hit some unexpected challenges, but at least we will never forget this trip!

1 comments:

kimi said...

that will teach you to ride your bike more responsibly. ;) JUST KIDDING! Hope it all works out! FEEL BETTER!