Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's FALL!!!

Just a little post of rejoicing! Today, our outdoor thermometer has gone no higher than 75 degrees!!! After a long, hot Southern California summer, this is the week that puts everyone local in a goooooood mood.

Now, I am not so foolish to think that warm temperatures won't return. After all, it's only September. I do have to deal with the realities of where I live.

BUT, I will enjoy the cooler weather and partial clouds as much as possible while we have them. It is such a nice break! I get so impatient at the end of every season- anticipating whatever comes next, just for a change of pace. I become ridiculously optimistic about the next season and romanticize each climate change and holiday to come. So this weather change came at just the right time. For once, the weather changed here to match the retail campaigns that take us into the next four months. How rare. Normally we are wearing shorts while strolling through the aisles full of pumpkins and leaf garlands.

But thanks to this temperature dip, I have an irrational urge to spread colored leaves and pumpkins everywhere in sight. It makes me want to bake something involving apples and cook dinner in the oven (since I don't have to think about that making the house too warm). Addie and I are celebrating today by wearing PANTS instead of SHORTS. It's our own little way to say hooray.

Just wanted to share with all of you what made my day today.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I have to agree with you whole-heartedly on this one! I also celebrated by wearing pants and dressing Luke in pants. :) We went to Michael's for a "quick" errand and it seems the fall feeling has brought out the crafter in all of Santa Clarita, for they were filling the aisles there - carts/strollers had to take turns going down aisles because they're so narrow. :P

hkaemingk said...

This no-season thing is really what it's like in California? I don't know how I feel about that ...

Peter and Sarah said...

My thoughts on fall exactly! I celebrated with hot chocolate and a good book when it rained yesterday.

Tommy & Yetta Garwood said...

Fall is my favorite season. I spent all day Monday decorating with the girls and had the mulling spices going on the stove when Tom came home. He loved it so much, well he cried.

kimi said...

you crazy no season people. I've already had the heat on in the condo and I switched to my heavy comforter and socks at night. you guys are CRAZY!

DellaRose said...

yeah!