Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Re-Doing the Bedroom

Well, one of the activities that has kept us busy lately is re-doing our bedroom. We haven't posted about it yet, because we were wanting some dramatic before & after pictures to show you all, but it is still not ready for the "after" pictures. So we'll just show you so of the progress up to this point. Here is the bedroom "before."(I know, all you see is the canopy, but try to look past it).













So first, we bought a new duvet cover and some euro pillows so we can sit up in bed and read comfy now! We painted the milk glass lamps I inherited from my grandmother and switched them out with the old ones. You'll have to wait 'till later to see all of that.


We also bought a new bed. Well, new to us, but old (that is how I like most all of my furniture). Anyway, it took awhile to paint it- we painted it white so that the furniture in the bedroom would at least come CLOSE to matching. Here it is before.




We have also painted the accents on my dresser (in the background here) from red to light blue and bought a matching nightstand (they were mismatched before- you can seee them in the picture below) and painted it too.



Great story with the nightstand actually (bear with me on this tangent). We got Niki's night stand a few years ago at a yard sale and painted it white. Greg's was much bigger and we thought it would be great if we have matching nightstands, so I decided to start looking. I thought it would be a long time before I found one. That very Saturday I went out yard-saling and at the next to last sale, there it was. It needed some love, but the look was right. I asked (oh so nonchalantly) how much and the lady said "$5." I oh so calmly paid, took it to the car, and squeeled with delight for the rest of the day. Incidently, Greg spent the rest of the day painting it, so he wasn't really squeeling with delight.





We are getting close to finally being done, but there's still a few more details to take care of. We still need to re-do a lot of the decorative accesories in the room and I need to make new pillow covers. Then I will proudly post a picture for you all to see.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

The Spaids said...

I love bedroom re-dos. It looks like it is coming along really great. One set of friends we know has Proverbs 5:18 AND 19 (look them up) engraved on their footboard in Hebrew. Don't you love it?