Saturday, November 24, 2007

Partners in Brine

When Greg and I were dating and even first married, I don't think I would have ever guessed that one day he would be so enthusiastic about food with me. Sure, maybe eating it, but not making it!!! Well, it is a great joy to have my husband get excited with me about the cooking method of the Thanksgiving turkey.

We decided to brine our turkey for the first time this year and we were NOT dissapointed. Now, some of you food snobs out there are scoffing at me, because you've been brining for years... but put up with me, and rejoice that I have finally discovered the joy of the brine. There are also a few of you probably saying "brine?" "what is that?" And I will fight off the temptation to sound like a food nerd and simply tell you it is a salt solution you soak the bird in that makes the meat more juicy. And that it is a goooooood thing.

Here is our bird bucket. The turkey soaked in it's deluxe container on our porch overnight.
Greg pops the raw baby into the oven.
And viola! Who looks better? The bird or my husband? I will let you draw your own conclusion.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

kimi said...

Alton would be so proud. ;)