Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Anniversary Weekend

Yesterday we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe so much time has passed! We spent a quiet weekend at home, since we got away to San Diego just a few weeks ago.

Since a whole bunch of our neighbors were out of town this weekend, we decided it would be a good quiet weekend to set up our tent. We bought a used tent several years ago and haven't managed to go camping yet, but that hopefully will change this summer. We thought we'd get it out and set it up and make sure all was good. It was, and we were delighted to find that the tent had all kinds of features we would want, like plenty of space and a zip-in wall that divides the inside. Here's Addie, Greg and some neighbor kiddos enjoying it.
Yesterday Greg and I exchanged small gifts and cards. He was delighted with his gift- can you tell?
Now he can proudly display his love for "The Office"

Greg gave me some clothes too. I had been needing and wanting some clothes I can exercise in in the hot weather. I am STILL working out 4-5 days a week (even I am surprised) and my makeshift workout wardrobe just isn't working. So I was delighted with new exercise clothes.
For dinner, we stayed in and worked together to make risotto for the first time! During our wonderful dinner in San Diego, we finally got to try some and loved it, so we committed that we'd learn to make it at home. Here I am showing off my Risotto Alla Primavera- it came out great! We also had Greg's favorite Dijon Chicken.


Our evening ended up including an unplanned party outside our front door. We sat out with our friends and neighbors, Ben & Jen Myers, and Robert & Gerri Dupee, on Robert & Gerri's last night in the complex. They leave today for Tennessee. We got to share some of our dinner and then Greg and Ben made a Bananas Foster Upside Down cake and we all enjoyed in thoroughly. What a nice evening- sitting out in the cooler temps and eating dessert and talking and talking. I don't know if we could've planned a nicer night if we'd tried!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The Spaids said...

Happy anniversary! We are 9 years tomorrow. Where are your friends who are moving to TN moving in TN? near us? I could say "hi" and welcome.

kimi said...

Happy anniversary. That was still my best hair day ever. I mean ever. I do however promise to never hunch again.

love you guys!

Mom Linda said...

Happy Anniversary! Your very lame Mom and Dad wish you many, many more loving years.

Sally said...

are you guys coming to the party for aunt linda in august?

Amy said...

Congrats on the 7 years!! Being the perfect number, I'm going to predict that this year will be even better than the last 6 combined. :) I'm impressed with the 4-5 day per week exercising! What's your secret?

The Kaemingk's said...

Fabulous neighbors are just the best. Niki ... question. Can you tell me how much rent you guys pay? We're really struggling to find an apartment in Pasadena and I'm not really sure how much is "reasonable". Any thoughts? You have my email.

sogni dolci said...

Here's an awesome recipe for risotto and I'm not a mushroom lover. I just use regular button mushrooms in place of the fancy ones the recipe calls for.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=36357&Source=SearchResultPage

Kat ;)

Sybrand and Beth de Swardt said...

Pictures of Addies new big girl bed please!?

Sally said...

dunder miflin is amazing!