Saturday, June 14, 2008

Random Life

Yes, I realize it's been awhile since I've updated the blog. But I hope the new look of things is a payoff to you loyal viewers.

Life is just rolling along here for us.

I'm all done now after 5 weeks of watching "Baby S" twice a week. Here is a shot of Addie playing with her toes. It was a good experience and I'm glad we got to do it. It gave me a more realistic idea of what a day with two kids is like, and it wasn't as scary as I thought. It was also a great chance for Addie to share some attention and work on being a helper. She really like the baby and enjoyed playing with her.

Just a cute moment to share. This is how I found Addie today while she was playing alone in her room. She still looooooooves books!
I hope this is the only picture of Addie ever taken on the hood of a truck.
She was chillin' with our neighbors, Ceana and Alli (it's their daddy's truck) while watching he and Greg pack a moving truck. Our neighbors, the Dupees, are leaving this weekend for Tennessee. **sniff sniff*

And lastly, a highlight of our week. The local hispanic market, Vallarta.
They delighted us this week with their delicious fajita meat ($1.99/ lb.), REAL tortilla chips ($1/ bag), limes ($3/ bag) and oranges ($1/ 5 lbs). Yes, you read that right. 5 pounds for a dollar! Let me tell you, 5 pounds of oranges makes some REALLY good fresh squeezed orange juice.
So this week we had fiesta night- melt-in-your-mouth fajitas, chips with homemade salsa (from safe, heirloom tomatoes), and homemade limeade! We had so much we were begging the neighbors to come in and help us eat it!
This bag of oranges pictured is saved for Sunday morning. Nothing says Father's Day like fresh squeezed orange juice!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Spaids said...

Like the new layout! Glad you are doing well.

Mom Linda said...

Pretty new layout.
I see Addie is just jumping for joy while sitting on the truck. She really can be our Little Miss Sobersides!

DellaRose said...

I Love Limade!!!!

so what is up with the new title?