Saturday, December 20, 2008

Update

Already so much has changed! Over the last week we have had to make a lot of adjustments, as (unfortunately) I got sicker every day. By Tuesday I had lost four pounds already and was just so miserable, so we called in for the prescription the doctor had me on last time. It really has helped. Though still pretty limited in what I can eat, at least I CAN eat some. I just can only eat a very little before my body revolts on me. I actually eat less than Addie now! But seriously, we are thankful for the medication- it makes a critical difference. It does make me sleepy, so if you happen to call and hear me using slurred speech, just know that's what's going on.



We are already so blessed by our friends and neighbors. We've had meals brought, laundry done, bathrooms cleaned, and most importantly, Addie cared for. That is the biggest struggle for me- because of the nausea and also because of the weakness from not eating, I am not able to care for Addie alone. I am really sad about that and trusting the Lord to take care of that situation in His way. For all of you who have said you are praying for us, THANK YOU. And for those who are local and want to help, we will gratefully accept it with thanksgiving! Greg is off for this coming week, so we are happy to be home together and mostly self-sufficient. We had to cancel our plans to go to Phoenix for Christmas, so we'll stay home for a quiet celebration this year.



Some of you have asked when I am due. The date we have now is July 30th, but I expect it may change a few times since I am only 7 weeks along. We will try to keep the blog updated as things progress. Thanks again for your prayers!

2 comments:

Scroggins Family said...

I'm praying for you Niki! I know how hard that struggle is to not be able to care for your child. But Addie is at a great age for you to be going through this. And once that baby comes life truly will get back to normal. Enjoy the opportunity to have a quiet Christmas together. Last year was wonderful for us because I was so sick and we couldn't do anything, that it kept us focused on celebrating the birth of our Savior. Have a merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

Thanks for the update! I will continue to pray for you and hope you can get some good rest with Greg home this week.

Zachary was born on July 28, with a due date in early August, so I will be able to track your timeline well!

Have a Merry Christmas!