Sunday, December 28, 2008

8 Weeks and Counting

Well, the good news is that I have now completed 8 weeks of pregnancy. Being two months closer to the end of the sickness is very encouraging. It does still feel like a loooooong journey ahead of us, but we're trying to keep our eye on the prize. :)

My condition is about the same. I am still able to eat, and very thankful for that. The timing of my eating and what I'm eating is far from normal, but it's going in and staying down, and that's the important part. Just like my pregnancy with Addie, anything involving a tomato seems to work well and strangely enough, fresh pineapple is a constant too. McDonald's french fries are also a winner any time. I am having a very hard time eating any meat, so my protein intake is really low (like 2-3 small bites a day). I never imagined I would turn into a vegetarian! I'm still only able to eat very small amounts of food, but something is better than nothing.

Having this last week together with Greg home has been such a blessing. He has kept very busy taking care of Addie, keeping up with my requests for odd food all the time, and trying to keep the house together at the same time. I must say he has done a very good job!

Thank you to all of you who have volunteered your help. We have turned down quite a few offers this week just because Greg was handling it, but I promise when he goes back to work, we will take you up on your offers! We are trying to spare you for now, knowing the time will come when we will be on the verge of abusing you. This coming week Greg will work a few days and then be off a few days, and we've got help lined up for Monday and Tuesday when he is working. I am so thankful for the Christmas and New Years break and all the time home that allows Greg to be home!

That's about it! We'll keep you posted as the time progresses!

0 comments: