Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympics Happiness

There aren't that many things that Greg gets excited about, so when one comes along, I really enjoy it. And Friday night was opening ceremonies of the Olympics, one of the things Greg REALLY enjoys!
So we surprised him when he came home from work with a sign, balloons, a gold medal for him to wear, and matching new shirts for us. I think Addie and I had just as much fun putting it together for him as he had in coming home to it.
I made Olympic pizza- using yellow pepper, zuchinnni, tomatoes, olives and red onion to make the olympic rings. Under it all was Canadian bacon, because, well, it was the only Canadian food I could think of. We've been eating very carefully for the last month or more to shed some pounds, so pizza- even veggie pizza- was a thrilling treat.

This is Greg's face when he found out we were having pizza. He liked the rings too. :)

And for dessert? Graham crackers, yogurt, and fresh fruit making more rings. I know, I'd already done it on the pizza, but I had tapped the depths of my creativity by the time I got to planning dessert.
The Kropfs joined us and we all enjoyed watching the opening ceremonies- more for the fun company and watching the parade of nations than anything else. Now Greg is happily enjoying the competitions!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley Murray said...

this whole post makes me so happy. excellent job being a festive memory making wife. the last happy thing about this post is the onesie that scott is wearing - i loved that one. and can i say that Jacob was wearing it just last month.

kimi said...

WOW!!!! I'm so stinkin impressed! you've inspired me. ;)

DellaRose said...

YES!!!! I am not the only one! :) I think this is one of the best things in the world and for us techies....aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhmazing delight on the opening ceremonies....my new bucket list consists of one item....watching live and opening ceremony some day