Thursday, April 22, 2010

Addie's First Ballet Class

We signed Addie up for a ballet class.
Partly because she asked to do it, and partly so I could live out my childhood fantasies through my daughter. That's healthy, right?

Well, it's just about the cutest thing ever. She has gone twice now and really enjoys it. That is, until she has to practice a routine over and over and the "fun" wears off. But anyway, she likes it. The teacher is fabulous, and I love watching all the little girls in leotards who somehow look graceful and awkward at the same time.

So here are a few shots from the first class.


stretching & warm ups
Notice who the group is looking at here? Addie. Because she was also warming up the conversation, not just her muscles.
I love this one because I caught her looking back at me to see if I was watching.









And while I'm posting about Addie, I have to relate a cute story from yesterday. We were driving along in the car, discussing how there was a live chicken in our garage (yes, you read that right), and Addie was quite delighted to find out that mommy was AFRAID of the chicken, when Addie was not. So we're talking about me being afraid of it and she said "Oh my word," and I said back to her "Oh my word," and she pipes up "Oh OUR word!" It just made me laugh. Man, she is so cute.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: