Monday, April 05, 2010

Scott's First (Signed) Word

How exciting! Scotty signed his first word today! After going to town on some oatmeal, he started becoming more and more interested in the toys around him. I told him "You can't play until you are done eating," then tried to give him another bite. He shook his head no (which he's been doing for a few days now), so I gave him a little break and tried again. Another no, and then I asked "Are you all done?" and signed it for him. He looooooked at me, and then smiled, raised his hands up, and wiggled his wrists around with a big grin! I couldn't believe it! I said "All done buddy?" and he signed it again! And then, to really make me happy, he did it for the camera! I was so excited, and the best part was that Greg was home to see it (since he's home sick today). What a fun new accomplishment!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Matto and Kafrum said...

"It" did it for the camera? Are you calling him an it now? ;)

LINDA said...

Does Addie remember her signing?