Monday, February 12, 2007

Ear Infection #5

Yes, it's true.

Addie's left ear was horribly sensitive to touch while we were in Newport Beach. The night we arrived home she woke repeatedly and had a fever of 102. So into the doctor we went this morning, and she has a "big glob of puss" in the left ear (doctor's words, not mine). A real good ear infection.

So she starts antibiotic this afternoon and we hope it will help quickly. It is getting overwhelming- these non-stop health issues. Check that- it was overwhelming months ago- I don't even know what to call it now. :)

God is supplying the strength that we desperatley need. He is giving us each the energy for each moment, and we only get overwhelmed when we think about tomorrow or the next day. Greg has learned to be a great nurse and a great encourager to me too! Maybe Valentine's Day will not be the easiest in the world (due to a sick kiddo), but I sure have a great Valentine!

Also, at the doctor's this morning, I noticed that Addie has cut another tooth sometime during all this! It looked like a molar, but I have to look closer to be sure. Suprisingly, a tired, sick kid in pain isn't really letting me look in her mouth right now. How odd.

1 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so sorry Niki & Greg... I'll pray she gets better quick.