Tuesday, August 21, 2007

If I'm Ever Captured By the Enemy...

So,
If I'm ever captured by the enemy during a time of war, and they want to get out of me the secrets I hold,
they can beat me, and starve me, and I will hold my tongue.

But if they take me into a Chuck E Cheese "Restaurant" (and I use that term loosely), then it is all over.

It is definetly the highest form of torture I can imagine.

My adventurous, young-at-heart, sister-in-law Jess convinced us that taking everyone to Chuck-My-Sanity would be so fun. Well, the kids DID have a good time. But I learned a new lesson. Little did I know that amidst the strip malls and eateries of the American suberbs was a place so frightening, so horrifying that it would cause a grown woman to tremble. Maybe I wasn't trembling from fear, maybe I was just shaking from the cacophany of children screaming, bells dinging, electronic music butchering classic children's songs, and 18 year olds making announcements over the loudspeakers.

Here we are, marching to our doom.




OK, OK, in all fairness. It was a Saturday night and the place was packed. The pizza was actually good, and the kids had a lot of fun. I think I might just be the kind of mom who is just an old lady trapped in a young lady's body. This might be the place where Greg and Addie go when I am otherwise engaged.


See? Addie had a great time. Cruising with Stuart Little.
Micah rode the Bob the builder dozer with Papaw.

Addie rode on the slide over and over with Daddy.





All in all, we survived and made it out alive. Amazing.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

kimi said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I thought I was the only one with a deep hatred for this place! Keith took me there with Mikayla on a "date" night. it was by far one of the most miserable experiences of my life. An unattended 4 year old wandered to our table and attempted to take a piece of pizza OFF OUR TABLE! it's too loud, the salad bar was BOGUS and there were tween age boys in the gaming area hogging the games. and it's DIRTY! grossest place ever.
Can you imagine mom at this place! oh man would that be her personal hell or what! we are our mothers daughters.

DellaRose said...

i love you niki!you make me scared to go there :)

The Spaids said...

Yay! Another 'Cheese-hater. We went with friends and their daughter well before Maggie could enjoy a place like that. At least your pizza was good - ours was just above dog food. And I second Kim's "dirty" comment. The one by us is nasty and I REALLY hope none of Maggie's little friends ever have a birthday there...I don't want Maggie asking for a Chuck E Cheese birthday party.

The Spaids said...

Also, I am glad Addie had a good time. They don't think about dirt and bad pizza, and I swear the noise makes them happier!

Cori Lewis said...

I HATE that place!!!! Josiah has never been there and never will as far as I'm concerned. You could not PAY me enough money to get me to grace the doors...

If we all hate it so much, how in the world are they still in business?

kimi said...

I'll tell you why! single dads don't know any better. Keith takes her there all the time! YIKES! go to the park or something!