Friday, February 15, 2008

Chez Spangler

So last night, we went out to eat for Valentine's. Nothing fancy, just a nice break from cooking and doing the dishes. Now, the food was great (I had a chicken salad with bleu cheese, walnuts, cranberries and strawberries), and it WAS so nice to skip the dishes, but after eating back at home tonight, we questioned why we ever go out!

Obviously, we really enjoy the prep and the eating of our food. And tonight was no exception.
FIRST, I found this fantastic little heirloom tomato assortment at Trader Joe's, which inspired a great tomato salad.

(for those of you who have mentioned recently that your withdrawls from Trader Joe's are causing you to consider putting together a support group, I'm sorry to do this to you. But you should have thought about that before you moved to Colorado)

Seriously, if this picture doesn't thrill you, I don't know if we can be friends.
Then Greg grilled Rib Eye steaks and we covered them with smothered mushrooms and grilled onions.
I made mashed potatoes with freshly roasted garlic and braised asparagus to go with.


Just wanted to prove that I still do cook around here. I know some of you were beginning to wonder.

By the way reservations at Chez Spangler are available.



Bonus picture: Addie wearing the new hat her Grammi & Poppi sent.
And yes, I think it was chosen to go with her eyes.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Becky Frame said...

Oh good. We can be friends. That picture indeed thrilled me. Whew!

Unknown said...

It's hard for me to make reservations for dinner, because it's the end of basketball season, which means even more than usual we can't make plans ahead of time. They assign games only a day or so in advance. But if it ever ends (Dhon says it will end, and it has every other year), we'll be first on the list for dinner reservations!

Dhon and Lori (or "Wellons" to Addie)

kimi said...

YUM! I looked at rib eyes last night. I think it's going on the meal plan.

you gotta go see what Mikayla made for dinner. it's SO CUTE!

findsara said...

I'm a little out of order responding to this post, but I just read back and laughed out loud at the Price is Right post. I remember that! I was there! We had such fun replaying that at college group. Thanks too for the wonder woman underoos pic...I had them too! Sara

DellaRose said...

now i'm hungry!