Saturday, February 02, 2008

More Skillet Adventures

Greg decided to experiment some more with his cast iron skillet last week. He set his sights on fried chicken.
Now, I should explain that my mom never made homemade fried chicken, nor did Greg's mom, so this was a wild and unexplored world to us. We are not children of the south, so attempting homemade friend chicken was like slaying the proverbial dragon.
Armed with his apron and splatter guard, he might as well been wearing shining armor as far as I'm concerned.
And here is the magnificent result. Seriously folks, it was better than Colonel Sander's! Man, did we enjoy the finger-licken goodness with a sense of accomplishment almost as big as our appetites.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

What?! You have a crush on Colonel Sanders? Dude!

Sarah said...

Can I have the recipe?!?

kimi said...

seriously? you've reached uncharted territory. Mom made fried chicken, well not really but she did get in the car and pick up a bucket once in a while ;)

I need that recipe. we gotta try it.

Becky said...

So my question is... who majored in home ec? =) All of these food posting of Greg cooking. I dont know what would Dr. E. say? It's so fun to read all of your blog stuff.