Thursday, February 19, 2009

Week 16 Rollercoaster

Well, we've made it to week 16! It has been a week of big ups and downs. My belly has really popped out, which was fun.... we'll call that an up. Then came Tuesday. Tuesday was the worst day I have had to date. I was incredibly sick without stop all day and had a headache to boot. I can't even describe how this sick was worse than regular sick, but oh boy, it was.

Then yesterday, Wednesday, the exact opposite happened! I had the BEST day yet. I just didn't feel sick all day. It was amazing! (Well, a little bit in the afternoon and evening, but it was so little, it barely counts). I tidied up our bedroom, washed a few dishes, made myself some lunch (Addie was with our friends the Bruyninckx family that day). I was on cloud nine! I took it slow and was careful not to do too much, but I even got to sit outside with the sunshine on my face for awhile. Let me tell all you "well" people not to take that for granted- that is a wonderful feeling. Then, last night, I got to feel the baby moving. What fun! I've felt little movements over the last few days, but wasn't sure of them. Last night I was sure it was the baby. What a treat.

I'm not sure what to expect after yesterday. Was it just a good day and will stand alone? Is it the beginning of improvement? Of course, I hope the latter, but I'm trying to be ready for either. Today I do feel queasy, but just a little, and for now I am feeling pretty functional. I even changed a poopy diaper this morning.

Hopefully there will be more good news to post in the future!

2 comments:

DellaRose said...

sending love and hugs

Sarah said...

Oh Niki! I'm so happy for your great day! I truly hope and pray that you'll have more of those. :)