Monday, March 09, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I wanted to share a little conversation heard in our house last week, because we thought it was so precious. We have talked a lot with Addie about mommy being sick and the baby growing in mommy's womb, and all the other realities around her these days. But I was still surprised at her understanding of the situation, as evidenced in the following conversation:

Mommy to Daddy: "I feel pathetic. I'm tired of feeling pathetic."
Daughter, who was listening from nearby: "But God chose that for you!"
Mommy is silent with her jaw dropped open, feeling convicted by the three year old's comments.
Daughter continues: "Because we're getting a BABY!"
Mommy then begins to dry heave and daughter comes over and says
"I hope you feel better"
(she really does say this EVERY TIME she hears me dry heave.)

4 comments:

The Spaids said...

That is the sweetest, most wonderful thing I've ever heard!!! Addie, I love you!

Mom Linda said...

Now where did she hear THAT? That is truly a GOD moment!

DellaRose said...

DANG!
"I put my hand over my mouth"

kimi said...

If your kid goes missing in the night I know nothing about it. ;) Addie you're too precious for words.