Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So Much Better

I'm officially declaring to the world that I am ALL BETTER!
OK, maybe not ALL better, but about 95% better, and I think that counts. I am rarely nauseous anymore (which makes this better than my first pregnancy now), and even when I do feel queasy, it is very light and usually if I eat a little snack it goes right away. I am also back to eating normally and enjoying food. I have even returned to cooking!!!! I must say, it isn't the kind of cooking I normally enjoy. I am taking it slow and using a lot of freezer/ convenience meals, but just the same! It feels so good to be in the kitchen again!
I also am able to keep the house clean-ish on my own, and do some light errands (which means I am driving again). Again, I am so excited! The only thing that separates current me from normal me is that I run out of steam much faster than normal. Partly just from being pregnant, partly also because it will take awhile to build up muscle and stamina again after being down for so long. I am slow to get going in the mornings and by the time we put Addie to bed in the evening, I am pooped! But being able to function during the day is such a blessing.
Thank you all for your support and prayers! I will try to post a picture soon so you can see the pregnant belly and the short new haircut I got last week.

4 comments:

Mark Baker said...

Yeah! That is indeed good news. I'll be praying things continue to go well.

Mom Linda said...

Fantastic news! May the rest of your pregnancy be just as wonderful.

Sarah said...

Yeah, Niki! I'm so happy that you'll be able to enjoy the rest of this pregnancy - and enjoy taking care of Addie again. It's nice seeing you in church again, too!

DellaRose said...

i wanna see the hair!