Sunday, May 01, 2011

The Big Haircut

We had a bit of drama around here a few weeks ago regarding Addie's hair. Thinking I could save a few bucks and cut her hair myself, I decided to get out the scissors and do the job at home. A big mistake that STILL has me asking "What was I thinking????"


Addie's hair was half-way down her back when I started, and I trimmed the ends a little. No biggie. Then I thought I could add some layers around her face, and started cutting more. Pretty quickly I realized it was not going well, and that I had cut WAY more than I really meant to, and the horror of what I'd done began sinking in. I started crying and trying not to panic. I started trying to explain to Addie that it wasn't good, and she replied with, "It's OK mommy, I don't mind if it's short!" I called Greg, who helped me calm down, and I made an appointment that afternoon with a salon.

Addie arrived at the salon, having been given a "Trailer-trash Alabama Mullet" (this is my term of affection for it), and given to her by her own mother at that. I knew the front was too short to even be cut into a bob. But thankfully, we had a great stylist, who cut it into a cute short doo, and then Addie's natural curl came out. So she came out of the salon looking like this, and even her mommy was smiling.





































Until now, I couldn't bear to post the pictures of what I did to her hair, but I am ready now. This is what it looked like before I took her to the professional.




Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

LINDA said...

That is truly a H O R R I B L E haircut! The NEW haircut is cute, sassy and totally suits her personality. Just my opinion.