Sunday, May 01, 2011

Spring Random

Had to try out a new ham recipe I saw in the Southern Living: Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed ham. Yes, it was A-mazing. I should have put it on a pretty plate before I took this picture, but we just couldn't wait to start eating it.


As a funny side story for you, imagine us, who did not have bourbon in our cabinet, and don't know any neighbors with any, finding out we live in a partly "dry" county (only beer and wine can be sold here). So finding the nearest liquor store, and me running in, looking like I was 17 years old, but dressed as a housewife, can't barely read because of the allergies in my eyes, and hollering out to the man behind the counter, "Bourbon?"
Well, I found it humorous anyway.


Just a cute pic of Scotty.















My jasmine bloomed for the first time this year! It was not easy to move from CA, and we weren't at all sure it would survive the freezing temps here in winter, but it did, and bloomed! BTW, the reason it moved with us is because I love it, and Greg bought it for me for Mother's Day one year. Every year it would bloom for the first time just before Mother's Day, but this year it was early!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

LINDA said...

hooray for a sturdy jasmine!