Sunday, May 01, 2011

ROAD TRIP to Austin!

After eight months living in Texas, I thought I would burst if I didn't see some of Texas already! So we spent this last weekend on a road trip to Austin, and had a blast! We took the backroads down, and turned what would have been a 4 hour freeway trip into an all-day exploration. Though we missed the wildflowers blooming, we did enjoy the green landscape all around. The drive was so pretty! We saw lots of small towns and quirky stuff. My favorite? The sing for a local meat-seller with a big picture of a pig and the words "Bite my Butt."






First stop was in Glen Rose for lunch at a little used bookstore/ cafe. This book was titled "Becoming Southern," I got a kick out of that.












Scotty konked out during the drive.














Nothing like Sonic Happy Hour on a road trip! Thank you for the half-price Cranberry Limeade!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: