Wednesday, January 31, 2007

1, 2, 3, 4... I Don't Want to go to the Doctor Anymore!

Yesterday I counted, to the best of my ability, how many times we have taken Addie to the doctor. Here is Addie announcing the magic number....


















NO KIDDING! It seems incredible, but that is true. Now, to really be amazed, we counted how many doctor or lab appointments Niki went to since last January and found that I went 22 times. So that means that in 60 weeks, Addie and I went to the doctor 52 times!!!!!

No wonder I feel like we go to the doctor's office a lot!!! For the record, during that same stretch of time, Greg went to the doctor ONCE.

To those of you wondering how Addie's appointment with the gastro went yesterday, it was good. His opinion is that she probably was beginning to recover from the reflux in December (like we thought), but that the stomach virus she had at the beginning of the month probably set her progress way back. I guess with reflux kids their stomachs don't recover well from that kind of excitement and it can do that. So... I will be very vigilant in the future to keep Addie away from stomach viruses! (As best as I can anyway)

She is back on Zantac, in addition to her Prevacid. Signs look positive that it will help since she slept through the night last night (HOORAY!) and is pretty perky and happy this morning (double HOORAY!). But it is too soon to tell for sure- we just want to be positive.

As for her growth, we got good news. Yes, her weight gain isn't great, but as far as length goes she IS growing well and staying on track. So that is good news.

As far as all the ear infections and sinus infections, he isn't ready yet to attribute that to reflux yet (some kids have their stomach acid go up into the sinuses and ear canals and that causes recurrent infections- we wanted to know if this could be the case with Addie). We will have to wait and see. We will also talk to the pediatrician about this issue.

That is probably more than most of you wanted to know! The bottom line is that we got some good news and some GOOD medicine! We hope that we can see the happy side of our daughter for awhile now.Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kimi said...

sorry I was signed in as Keith's sister so it would have been weird!

Yeah she's feeling better. SO cute!

lay off the orange food guys! ;)

The Spaids said...

I can't believe you've all gone to the doctor's office 52 times!!! I thought we were up there with like, 5 extra visits for Maggie's colds and what-not (I guess not). Sending lots of love!

Sally said...

I'm glad she's feeling better!
I love that dress that Uncle Dean & Aunt Linda bought her. It's adorable. :)

findsara said...

At least someone in the family is healthy! He needs to be to take care of his girls! Hope you have a better (healthier) year this year! Sara