Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You Won't Believe This!

This is the ground outside our apartment!

I TOLD YOU IT WAS COLD HERE!
My neighbor Jen knocked on my door to get me outside so I wouldn't miss this! Hail and a few flakes of snow were coming down and covering the dirt outside our door. (Why dirt? I'll get to that in a minute)

Many of the kids came out to see a rare So. Cal. sight.
Keep in mind that there isn't much on the ground inside our complex because there are a lot of trees that make a canopy over the courtyard.
So here you get a glimpse of a piece or two of hail coming down.

I know it isn't much, but it is so out of place here that even a little is a big deal!



By the way, all the grass in our complex has been removed to make room for the astro-turf that was suppossed to be installed today (guess not!). It sounds strange at first, I know, but with so many kids here, it was impossible for grass to grow or sprinkler heads not to be destroyed. The broken sprinklers meant there were ALWAYS mud puddles for the kids to get into. Astro-turf will mean a mud-free play area! Yeah! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kimi said...

WOW! real live icy stuff? It has been cold huh! WARM UP QUICK! I want to swim outside in February! (I think that idea is going out the window!)

Amy said...

Whoa, look at that! You might as well live in COLORADO...Hmmm...what a GREAT IDEA! :) Miss you guys