Friday, January 25, 2008

Rest and Relief

After a CRAZY week, we are delighted to settle in at home and get some rest and relief.
We knew it would be a long week because Greg was working a large conference at the hotel that would require especially long hours. What we didn't expect was that both Addie and I would get sick at the same time. So, Greg started working last Saturday, with very little time at home, and Niki had an ear infection brewing. By Monday it had turned into a sinus infection and Addie started with the high fever. God was so gracious! Greg worked about 80 hours this week, but being at home just long enough to sleep meant he avoided catching the junk Addie and I had.

Just a little sampling of what he was working on: he turned this

into this!
Everything went well and he did a great job!












Meanwhile, at home, Addie and I were cooped up! Not only were we sick and quarantined, but it has rained here all week, so we couldn't even go outside a little bit. If you don't know what it is to spend day after day in the same 800 square feet alone with a cranky 2 year old, well.... lucky you. We watched a lot of videos to get through, and God was gracious to give me the strength one hour at a time. It reminded me of the days when Addie was really little and her reflux wasn't diagnosed. She was miserable all the time and we spent a lot of time cooped up in the house and miserable! But I'm glad for those days because they reminded me all week that God was faithful to preserve us through that and He would do the same this week.

All that to say, Greg's big event is OVER! And he is home on this glorious Friday night. Addie and I are feeling a little better, her fever is gone (for now) and I can breathe. So we're celebrating by pulling out the hide-a-bed in the livingroom and watching movies! It may sound lame to you, but it is pure delight to me!!!

Who knew that paradise was a pull out couch, chocolate, and a John Wayne movie with your husband?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Niki! So glad to hear that the week ended up well...It was great to talk with you this week. We should do it more often. :)

markandjesss said...

I'd definitly take that kind of paradise any day. Any movie with my honey and kiddos is a good day.

DellaRose said...

i love you guys :)

and a big tada for PSAV and techie's