Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baby Signing Time Contest

So, my mother is harassing me to post something new on the blog, and I found out today that one of our favorite things- Baby Signing Time- is having a contest to win some of their videos. All I have to do is post on our blog about why we love Baby Signing Time. That's easy!
Addie started watching these videos really young and started signing at 9 months. They are really well made and I actually enjoyed watching them with her. I still can sing any of the cute songs from the videos.
What we liked most was the ability to communicate with Addie before she could talk. At meal times, especially, it was so helpful. She could tell us "more" and "all done" without fussing about it. And since she was fussing all the time for everything else, a little break was wonderful. Ah, if only we had learned the sign for "there is painful acid burning up my esophogus," how much crying we could have avoided.
So I went down memory lane and found these pictures:
Addie, 9 months, signing "more"
sitting on the couch watching the video, hands posed, ready for action.
And then this one- just a bonus picture.

Was she really this little once?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom Linda said...

She's still ADORABLE! (But it is hard to believe how little she once was!)

Amy said...

what are you talking about? she's still cute. but waaay too big. :(

DellaRose said...

wow, how much she has grown! and what a personality has come out! LOL