Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our Lives These Days

I figured it was time for a little update for you faithful blog readers, so here's a little glimpse into our lives of late.

-Greg heard back about the position he applied for in Dallas. It was filled (not by him). Two days later another position came open, so he'll start the process again.

-We tried a great new recipe the other night from a new recipe source- Southern Living magazine. The recipe was for roasted fingerling potatoes and green beans with a creamy tarragon dressing. Greg stood up and applauded! He also preferred to eat the potatoes and green beans before his rib eye steak, which should speak volumes. Last night we made a zucchini soup from this same magazine and it was delicious! Even Addie liked it!



-Addie continues to be a character. She loves to sing. Right now I'm being serenaded with the song "Zacheus was a wee little man." She sings at some point during almost every meal. Her potty training isn't going so great. Partly because I am not faithful enough to remind her all day to go use the potty. For now she is in pull-ups because it's less laundry to do. I was warned not to look at this as a quick process though, so I'm in for the long haul.


-I heart Craig's List. It's true. We went out to Pasadena on Sunday night to pick up this beautiful corner cabinet for a BARGAIN. I've been wanting to replace the wicker freebie that has kept this corner occupied for way too long- and here is my newest joy. It was $60, which makes me giddy.

-Posting this picture gave me an excuse to brag on my grandmother, who was so talented. See that picnic basket on top of the cabinet? She painted that! The "G" was the first letter of her last name. I love having a nice place to display this now, so I can enjoy it more.






-The best part of going to Pasadena on Sunday was that we got to hang out with my cousin Heather and her husband Matt, who just moved here from New Jersey. I haven't lived this close to any family member since I came to California in 1999, so it is a real treat to see them so often! They came here to go to school, so I doubt we'll get to see them as often as I like, but it is still so fun.

-It was also nice to just have some family time on Sunday since Greg worked a bunch over the weekend. He has had a cold, so he's been double tired. As of last night he was starting to perk up a bit and get more rested, so I think we're on the road to recovery.

And that's life around the Spangler home! Hope you enjoyed the little update.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

heidi said...

I am so glad that Myke is not a "blog reader" because I would now have to ban him from reading yours! Do not post things about all your creative meals that you actually make from a recipe using spices!! You make me look bad!

DellaRose said...

oh my goodness, that is beautiful...i think maybe it is good that i don't have my own place.. it would be filled with furniture in 2 seconds flat because i fall in love with lots of pieces for such different reasons and will find a way to use anything someone is giving away if i can find an angle that makes me smile :)

The Kaemingk's said...

That corner cabinet looks so good!!! Nice purchase :). We echo the sentiment that we LOVE being able to see you all!!!

PS - I'm here all alone on Saturday if you want a visitor :).

Mom Linda said...

I know that you have waited for YEARS to replace that corner cabinet, and I also heart the new one. I just have one little question--where's the yellow VW now?
It was wonderful to see how you have displayed Grandma's basket! It makes me smile :)