Monday, September 08, 2008

Potty Training!

Yes, it's that special time at the Spangler house- Potty Training! We started almost a week ago, and I should have updated the blog sooner, but I was busy being covered in urine. :) OK, so the only rough day was the first day- when Addie wet herself 15 times. By the end of the day I was pretty tired and discouraged, because we saw very little progress or signs opf understanding, but....
Day two we got up, went to the toilet, and away she went! In fact, she only had one accident on day two. I was shocked!
So now our big girl is wearing panties and pull-ups (if we go out) and we are so proud of her! We celebrated on the night of day two with a trip to the mall, a ride on the carousel, and a visit to Build-A-Bear. We were so excited to find big girl panties for the bear! Something only parents of a potty-training child would be excited about.
Here is a picture of Addie sitting on her potty and Greg motivating her by pouring water back and forth from one cup to another.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DellaRose said...

look at that face :)

markandjesss said...

Good Job Greg. Did you sing I 've got peace like a river too? That is a very exciting step for her. Congrats.

The Spaids said...

Congratulations, Addie! At our house we used to sing "pee pee in the po-tty" like the conga line song, over and over and over.

Becky Frame said...

Pardon me one moment while I GUFFAW!!!!! This is hilarious!!!!!!! :) :) :) I love this.

I didn't really know Greg that well in college, so this is a side of him I've never seen before. SO funny.

And you guys are doing an awesome job with potty- training. Excellent, excellent.

Chrisie said...

Addie (and mostly Niki)...I'm so proud of your girls!! Keep up the hard work, because we all know potty training IS hard work!!

Good job Addie!!! (Now, run to the potty!)