Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween in the Courtyard

So, I've heard that some of you think that we live in a pretty great apartment complex, and I'd like to agree. And I'll bet that the next few posts will really convince you of that if you weren't sure already. See, last night's Halloween festivites captured some of the best of living here.

First of all, I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween, and have spent the last month or so averting Addie's eyes from all the ghosts, ghouls, and other assorted death decorations everywhere we go. And if we lived in a "normal" neighborhood, I would consider boycotting Halloween altogether. But we don't live in a normal neighborhood. I'm glad Addie could still have the fun of dressing up and getting candy without any of the general evil associated with this night.

We Courtyard moms got together and decided to add some fun games to the regular candy swapping that goes on around here. We ended up with almost all the neighbors outside, laughing, talking, playing, eating, and having a great time. That is, except for Brooke, who spent the evening in Urgent Care with some kind of tummy virus or something. That meant we got to have Grant join our family for the evening, which is always a treat. (By the way, Brooke is going to be just fine). And we really did have fun.

Here's Addie, the bee.

And Grant, trick or treating with his construction-man lunchbox (we added this to his costume and are feeling pretty proud of ourselves).

Jen helps Addie go "fishing." The Ballard family hosted a game of fishing over their porch railing. Lindsay made individual cookies for each child with their name written on them, and they would fish and catch their personalized treat.


Here Grant reels in his catch.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Niki that looks like SUCH a blast!! Wow how fun. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. I love the costumes :-D

The Williams Five said...

I can't believe how great of a place you live! When we lived in an apartment all we got was 2 old biddies who called me mouse and made our apartment smell like ben gay. I kid you not!! They used to wake us up on Saturday mornings arguing about what day it was!

Looks like you guys had a blast and I have to say I love the costumes. What a cute idea!!

markandjesss said...

You all had your own way cool party! I love it. Why Dallas again?