Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Christmas #2- Our Own Family

Because of the hectic pace of our December this year, our own little family's Christmas ended up being very non-traditional. We wanted to find time for a good, sit-down present opening. But it would have to come after my parents visit & Erica's wedding, before we left for Phoenix, while we were busy recovering from all the late nights and getting the house ready for company (visitors stayed here while we were gone), and getting Scotty to the doctor and baking bread for the neighbors and packing for our trip...

You get the picture. It didn't really happen.

Instead, on the day before we left for Phoenix, while busy with errands and cleaning and the like, we decided to just gift our presents to each other at any random time during the day. It ended up being really fun! Greg would leave a gift on the bathroom counter to surprise me while getting ready, he would find one on the kitchen table after coming downstairs. Addie loved getting gifts all day long, and we even saved a few of her gifts for the car ride to Phoenix, to make the trip more fun! It might not be what we want to do every year, but it was great for this year!

A cute shot of Scotty
Greg loved his new book!
An ipod docking station! Wahoo!


Sorry, no pictures of me receiving my gifts. At least not any I am posting online. Mostly I am in pajamas with bad hair, and the world just doesn't need to see that. But I got some great gifts!
Addie plays her new electronic saxophone, which mercifully, has an earphone jack. So she rocked out in her own private concert.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

The Williams Five said...

What a creative way to celebrate with your family! I love it! Lots of new posts and I loved reading each one and seeing all the pics.