Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Fort Worth Stockyards

We Spanglers played tourist today and set out to explore this new town we live in. Actually, it's the new TOWNS we live in, since we've got Dallas and Fort Worth to discover. So today, it was tourist destination- the Stockyards. We had a great time! Addie and I got cowgirl hats too!










Addie proudly shows off her badge.











Greg proves he could tangle with a longhorn and win!











OK, this is a strange picture, let me explain!
In California, when you aren't used to California things, you might see a tv shoot in progress and have a moment of surreal shock, "is this REALLY what I'm seeing, and do I REALLY live here?" Well, I had a Texas version of that today, when we were walking down the street, and a guy in cowboy boots walks past carrying a 6 foot long set of cattle horns. And no one blinks an eye or looks twice. But I thought it was hilarious and snapped a picture on the sly (hey, I didn't want to look like a tourist, right?), which is why this picture is so badly framed.
We really do live in Texas.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: