Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aunt Dewey's

We really enjoyed a post-Christmas evening at Aunt Dewey's house.

I've ALWAYS adored my Aunt Dewey for many reasons. As a kid I was especially impressed with the fact that she had her own Cabbage Patch doll (when they were the hot thing, too! It was a Scottish themed doll), and that on one of my birthdays she took me, just me, to the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle (I ordered a Shirley Temple), and she was, and is still, a talented calligrapher, whom I took classes from in junior high. There were many more things I love about her, but those are a few. Oh, and that she has liked Greg from the very first time she met him. What can I say? She has good taste!
So of course, an evening at Aunt Dewey's was on the list of had-to-do-things while in Seattle. Here she is with the plate of little penguins she made from olives and carrots!















And here I am with her famous rainbow jello! I am determined to learn to make this stuff myself and carry on the legacy.









And here she is putting on a little concert for the kids, which we enjoyed thoroughly, especially since she only started playing the piano in the last year!


Aunt Dewey, if you're reading this- we miss you! Come visit Texas!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: