Friday, July 27, 2007

To Niki my wife on her 30th birthday

A decade-mark is always a fabulous time to celebrate something and someone meaning ful. So, for your 30th birthday, I wrote a list of things that I think are important for the world to know.

I look forward to many more happy birthdays....


Thirty reasons MY wife is lovely


1 She loves the Lord, our Savior more than anything else
2 She is beautiful
3 She is kind
4 She is cheery
5 She is warm-hearted
6 She is super-smart
7 She is spunky in a keep-you-on-your-toes kind of way
8 She loves our daughter with her whole heart
9 She makes our home a special place to come home to
10 She sings along with the songs on the radio
11 She can out-cook the lot of you
12 She crushes me at Scrabble
13 She bargain-hunts like a cheetah on the savannah
14 She serves friendliness like cool cup of water on a hot day
15 She is frugal and generous a the same time
16 Did I say that I think she is one hot Mama?
17 She is patient and kind to me
18 She is very creative
19 She has captured my heart
20 She is funny when she is tired
21 When she laughs hard, I laugh even harder.
22 She is faithful in all things
23 She holds our family up in prayer
24 She creates memories, and establishes traditions
25 She demonstrates long-suffering in trials
26 She is compassionate to others
27 She is always available to listen
28 She is always thinking ahead to Glory
29 She is my precious gift from God.
30 She is my wife, my best friend, my trusted companion in all things, and I love her.

3 comments:

Tony & Kirsten said...

I feel a bit strange leaving a comment on Greg's love list to Niki, but it was too beautiful not to let you guys know what a treasure you both are! I heartily agree with most of what Greg wrote. I can't comment on some, because they don't apply to me. Happy 30th, Niki. This is the best decade yet!

kimi said...

hey niki... you married very well. love you greg. thank you for being such a good hubby to my baby sister.

Becky Frame said...

Yep. That's the Niki I know.