Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday- Celebration Day

Today marks 11 weeks! Yahoo!
Much is still the same. I have gotten a bit pickier in what I can eat, but I think my portions have gotten slightly bigger on the things that are working. Right now the only thing I can always eat is fresh pineapple. So funny. But there are a lot of other things that work sometimes or most of the time. One new addition is Mexican Food- like tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. It's a good way to sneak in some meat, so that is great.
Since Sunday, the days have been harder and I was feeling worse, but I'm hoping today will be different.
I was so blessed by our neighbors yesterday. It being Greg's birthday and wanting so much to do something for him, yet not being able was no fun. Then THREE different neighbors came by last night- the first, the Ballards, had Addie all day and brought her back with cupcakes for Greg and a birthday card from her (that he loves and says he's keeping forever). Then the Myer's brought by a cake for him too and the Kropfs stopped by with a pot of a special tea Greg loves. I got all teary over it all. What a blessing to Greg and me both. Thanks neighbors!
So we are just chugging through. I still don't like it all, but am finding there is so much to be thankful for and that God is providing even beyond what we could have asked. We really are being sustained by Him each day!

2 comments:

DellaRose said...

soo pleased to read this...PTL!

Scroggins Family said...

Wow Niki! Mexican food - I am quite impressed! Not too many people know what a feat that is, but that amazes me! I have a hard time putting "pregnancy" and "Mexican food" in the same sentence, even though I love Mexican food. I'm bringing dinner on Sunday, so now I know what to bring. Let me know if your palette changes...
Barb