Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Medications and Progress

I've been on the new medication for almost a week now, and it's kinda hard to tell if it's helping or not. My best guess is that it isn't. But there is still some good news. I've started getting little breaks in the sickness- usually for about 45 minutes every three days or so. It's a little, but it's still helpful. We couldn't tell if the new meds were bringing on the breaks or not, because other times I was on them I felt pretty awful. In fact, over the weekend, both afternoons I was on BOTH medications and still dry heaving and feeling miserable. But yesterday was a very good day and helped give us some insight.

Amazingly, I was not nauseous throughout the morning and early afternoon yesterday! And I wasn't on any medication at all!!!! So I think the improvements aren't from the medication but maybe just from being in the second trimester. Yesterday I still felt weak and got tired, but was able to sit up most of the day. When I felt hungry I was just hungry, and not sick from being hungry. And after I ate, the food didn't make me feel sick again (which is what usually happens without the meds)! It was delightful. And I had a day like that two weeks ago too.

So I'm not up and around yet, still on the couch or in bed all day, but I'm hopeful that eventually the breaks will come more often and last longer. I'm trying to do little things when I can and sit up as much as possible. The second trimester headaches have begun and that affects things too, but it is nice to think of our little guy getting bigger every day. Thanks to all of you who are praying for us- we appreciate it so much!

0 comments: