Monday, March 03, 2008

Highs and Lows

Have you ever heard of the high/low game? Greg and I play it sometimes at the end of the day. You ask the other person to tell you about their best moment of the day and their worst. It's a nice way to catch up. Let me tell you about my high/low today.

The low came early this morning when my dad called to tell me his mom, my Grandma had passed away. Grandma was 92 and had been in ailing health for quite awhile, so it wasn't shocking news. It definetely changed the direction of the rest of my day! We are now making plans to go to Washington this weekend for her memorial service.

The high happened just a minute ago, while Greg and Addie were rough-housing after dinner. This is a normal routine- a few minutes of rowdy silly play before bath and bed. Well, they had just had their first pillow fight, when Greg decided to get Addie to conspire with him against me while I laid on the couch. I hear him explain to her what "truce" means and that they're on the same team now. I heard him say "But mommy over there...." and knew I was about to get it. Then, I heard his voice change as he squeeked, "and you just peed on me, didn't you?" Addie thought it was funny, as did I. I told him that's justice and laughed pretty hard. The pillow fight abruptly stopped and it was time for a bath. And a change of clothes for daddy.

5 comments:

Becky Frame said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma.

And Addie is ADORABLE!!!

kimi said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! don't mess with Niki! hahahaha!

markandjesss said...

wow! go addie! it's the only time you'll ever get to do that.

Sally said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma... hope Uncle Dean's doing okay. Are you going to stop by Yakima?

DellaRose said...

LOL! go girl!