Monday, March 31, 2008

My First Memory Verse

So recently we were given Steve Green's "Hide Em In Your Heart" album, and we were thrilled. Because Addie is such a verbal kid and also loves music, we were glad to get this CD, which is full of catchy little tunes with words straight from scripture.

And there is one song in particular we sing A LOT.
See, Addie is a whiner. I know I'm her mom and not supposed to say things like that, but folks, it's true. That is the issue we talk most about, discipline most for, and some days I feel like that's all I talk about with her all day! BUT We are learning Philippians 2:14, which says "Do all things without complaining and arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God..."

She is now singing the song on her own, and identifying situations that it applies to (sometimes). She was watching a video the other day in which two cartoon ducks were quacking angrily at each other, and I heard her say "Oh no! Arguing!"
I was so proud.

So here it is! Addie reciting Philippians 2:14


5 comments:

Becky Frame said...

Adorable! Not just the well-cared-for daughter, but the beautiful mommy. You, Niki, are precious.

The Spaids said...

Amen to that! I am going to buy that album!!! Maggie too is a whiner (I know she gets it from me, unfortunately), and we spend a lot of time on it.

kimi said...

there's a whole series of them aren't there? Awana has some of their own too!

TJ Smith said...

Greg and Niki,
Karen and I like the Steve Green stuff, but Chaya prefers music with more of a rhythm. ANYTIME she hears ANY music with a beat she starts dancing... perhaps when she hits the 2 year mark she'll catch up with her friend Addie.
Smiths

Liz Stockwell said...

Nik - that's so awesome - my kids like the songs, too, but aren't so fond of me using the verses in context. :) Guess we just keep "hiding them in their hearts"! :)