Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Little Guessing Game

Well, we're back from our whirlwind trip to Washington. Forgive me for not blogging about my Grandma's memorial service, but it's not really an event for taking pictures, nor does it contain fun stories to share, so just sufice it to say, we're back. It was nice to see the family, and especially my cousins who I rarely see. Addie had a great time playing with her cousin and second cousins, even though she is still a bit of a mess from reflux, traveling, and a time change.

I have been looking forward to blogging the following post for some time, and now that we're back and settling in, I can finally get to it!


At first I thought I'd just tell you guys about the fun we had with the elements to the left, but now I'm thinking it would be way more fun to make you guess.

What did we do with these things?
If you're not sure what they are, it's a battery charger, cast iron skillet, some pool chemicals, and a coffee can.
Here's another hint:
Macgyver meets Antiques Road Show, inspired by Alton Brown.
Yes, our TV favorites found a place to meet in the middle.
Need more?
Do you see the look of glee on Greg's face?

I will not reveal the answer until at least 3 of you post comments asking for the explanation!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sally said...

I want to know and so does Joel. =)

The Spaids said...

are you changing the finish on the cast iron pan? Is that the pan you got in Phoenix and you're getting off the rust, or something like that?

Mom Linda said...

What in the world? Did you learn that in that book you were reading about boys?

kimi said...

the iron from the pan and the pool chemicals and the electric charge will make anything have a silver chemical coat. We did this with pennies in high school for our penny loafers. I had a cool chemistry teacher. you didn't hurt your pan did you?

kimi said...

I SOUND like I know what I'm talking about at least...

DellaRose said...

I was there!