Saturday, April 19, 2008

A providential decision

Greg here.

So.... we didn't get to go on the church Couple's Retreat, but it has turned out to be a providential decision.

By friday morning, Niki and Addie's antibiotic treatments did not dramatically improve thier disposition.
I felt like I was getting sick myself, so we decided at that point to wave-off going to the retreat.

Niki called the church office to tell them that we had to cancel, and were later informed that we will get our money back, even though it was such a late cancellation! Whew, that was so nice.

The rest of the day, Addie and Niki coasted with no real improvement, and maybe a little worse as Addie had a bout of the big D * (*see previous posts about this.)

We all slept the whole night, and it was as though the Lord knew I would need the rest.

By lunch time, Addie developed a high fever and more big D. After her nap, she perked up a bit, but Niki was still pretty out of it. By the way, did you know that there are pills, that if even slightly scuffed, render the pill to be the most utterly bitter-tasting substance on the planet. Niki does.

Anyhow, Addie now riding the break-the-fever rollercoaster while we hope that the antibiotics take care of business.

As for me, It looks like I have missed this round of the yuck. Other than a little stuffiness and achines on Friday, I have otherwise forded the great river of sickness for now.

3 comments:

Becky Frame said...

Thank you for this update, Greg. I'm still praying.

Sharon said...

Hi Guys...we missed you at the retreat. I figured you must still be sick. It is a comfort to know and remember that God is good all the time-not just when things are going our way!! Hope we see you Sunday with bells on.
:)Sharon Augustson

DellaRose said...

i know about the pill thing...i would rather pay the extra money to get name brand motrin and psudophed (sp?) with the candy coating than the generics that make me gag because of the taste