Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Looking Worse but Feeling Better

This morning when I got Addie up and went to change her diaper, I spotted something surprising (that one was for you- Amy & TJ). Addie was spotted! Red dots were all over her tummy and neck. A few hours later, and they were on her face too. But by then, thanks to my mother-in-law and WebMD, we found out that it is Roseola, a pretty much harmless rash. It was actually great to find this out, because it explains the high fever and diarrhea she's had for the last few days. The spots are supposed to stay for a day or two and then go away on their own, no need for medicine. Yeah! We also did not have to go into the doctor again, which is GREAT.


So here's the back,











the face,

and the tummy.







The arrival of the bumps mean that the fever is almost gone, more good news! We can tell she is really starting to perk up and feel better. And as for me (Niki), I feel GREAT! So much better! What a relief!
Greg is still trying to fight away the junk and we aren't sure if he's winning or losing at this point. But at least two of the three of us are getting better!

2 comments:

kimi said...

my poor baby!!! augh! that looks horrible, I would have freaked out! Hope you guys start feeling better real quick!

Becky Frame said...

WOW!!!!!!! Such hard times at your place. I'm praying for you, my friend.