Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What a Weekend

What a weekend!
I (Niki) spent Friday night and Saturday at a local women's conference featuring Elyse Fitzpatrick. If you aren't familiar with her, she's a godly woman who has written many books and has a background in Biblical Counseling. Words can't express what a spiritual encouragement this conference was! Elyse spoke on the gospel and I found myself falling more and more in love with my Saviour! I look forward to her new book, arriving soon, called "Because He Loves Me." Based on what she had to say this weekend, I would highly recommend the book!

As if that wasn't enough, we were privileged to have a visit Sunday through Tuesday from Greg's parents.
We all went to Descanso gardens on Monday, which is about the best place on earth to spend a nice Spring day. The weather was perfect- about 70- and the flowers did not disappoint!
A lovely specimen in the rose garden.

A well-groomed patch of tulips, pansies, snap dragons, and more!
A quiet little spot by the fountain
Greg's parents under a cherry tree. Sorry that they're so small in the picture, but I wanted to capture the full grandeur of the tree!


Lots more pictures to come!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Amy said...

I looove flowers! Great pics. BTW, I tagged you (see my blog for details). :)