Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yucky

Well, the current events around our house are that Niki and Addie have been sick for several days now, and we're ready to get better already!!!! Greg is taking very good care of us, and being an A+ husband/ daddy. We're a bit dissapointed that today we had planned to go to Disney's California Adventure with the Kropfs, and now we are too sick to go. Oh well, God knows and has good things for us.
As if the rotten cough and cold didn't make her pathetic enoguh, Addie tripped in the kitchen on Sunday and knocked her forehead on the back of one of our kitchen chairs. It hit just right and made a great bruise. Here it is shortly after collision, blue to match her eyes...

And later that night, with some Oreo cookies on the face.

We decided to try breaking the rules and give her some chocolate (it's one of the few things the tummy doctor has told us is a no-no). Well, she woke up that night throwing up and had the big D (and I don't mean Dallas) for the next day. I don't think it was from the chocolate, more likely something the neighbor kids have too or maybe all the mucuos from the cold affected her. Anyway, I think I'll wait awhile longer before risking chocolate again.

Well, no more throwing up, but still a touch of the big D (I can't bring myself to type the actual word), and the cold is still in full force, and now the bruise is starting to yellow and we have seen some new bruising down by her eyes.

Very much like the rest of Addie's life up to this point, we're finding when it rains, it pours. We also know this really won't last forever and we'll all be feeling better soon. Hopefully very soon, because this weekend is the church's couples retreat and we've been looking forward to going for months! Addie gets to play with Grant all weekend and this will be our first overnight away from her! We're gonna hope for some calm seas in the near future!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DellaRose said...

and yet, still adorable

Becky Frame said...

Oh, ouchy! Poor sweetie! My boys get bruises like that all the time - especially rough-and-tumble Jonathan - but that's because my boys are, well, boys. It's different for a princess! Hope you two are all better soon. And congrats on going away for the weekend! You'll love your overnight away from your sweet girl. And don't feel guilty. You're building your number one priority - your marriage! And she'll never remember that you left her. So it's all good. Enjoy yourself. I'm just telling you what I had to work really hard to tell myself. :)

HUGS!

kimi said...

jeez! she looks like a dang train wreck! hope you guys feel better REAL soon and Addie I hate to tell you but you're related to us so this probably won't be the last time your head has a run in with a chair. We're just kinda clutsy. Good luck.

The Spaids said...

I hope you guys feel better! Two weeks ago Maggie hit her head on her high chair - temple level, table - eye level, car door - ear/forehead, and car frame ear/forehead all in two days and had all kinds of small bruises on her face. She looked like we were beating her! Luckily, those bruises go away with lots of kisses. *kiss* let me plant one on that forehead!

Becky said...

I sure hope that you are all feeling better so that you and Greg can get away. Time away is always good! I am still working on my random things that you taged me for.