Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Use Your Imagination

Without our camera, our blog just isn't interesting. Oh, we have our camera, it's fine, but we forgot to take it with us on the great day we had yesterday, and telling you about it just isn't the same. SO you'll have to use your imagination for this post.

Imagine a shot of a scrumpty carmel coffee cake. That's what we had for breakfast. We ate with Nate & Ashley Murray, who we spent most of the day with.

Now, here we are at the Americana, an upscale new shopping center in Glendale. See the high-priced stores, the trolley, the dancing water fountain? Yes, it was as fun as it looks.

Here's the H&M store, one of my new favorite places. Cheap, cute clothes. It was fabulous.

And here's the best public restroom I have ever visited. OK, so even if I had my camera, I wouldn't have taken a picture of this, but I wanted to. It was beyond clean and pretty, it was... it was... there are no words. The family bathroom (which is a truly marvelous concept) was huge, with a playroom, a kitchenette, and private stalls for nursing and diaper changing. Unbelievable. I'm going back to the Americana just to visit this bathroom again.

Then we went across the street to the Glendale Galleria, a wonderful place. Here's me & Ashley freaking out over the cute clothes in Janie & Jack. And here's the boys freaking out over just about everything in the Apple store.

Here we are eating Sees candy. Hey, if you're imagining it, you might as well taste it too. I had a raspberry creme filled chocolate.


Here's us, exhausted from shopping, almost too tired to drive home. That is, everyone was tired except for Addie, who had napped a bit at the mall.

Speaking of Addie, my favorite moment of the day was when I was making the coffee cake early that morning. Addie likes to sing but has never sung along with the music playing or the person singing. But as I was mixing ingredients and singing "God is so Good" to her, she joined right in and we sang our first mother-daughter duet. It made my mommy heart jump for joy!

I hope your imagination enjoyed this little exercise. Next time I'll try to take real pictures!

3 comments:

Ashley Murray said...

Great descriptions Niki! It's like I was really there!! Wait a minute...

Sarah said...

Sounds like your experience there was better than ours. :) We went at night a couple weekends ago and it was CROWDED!!! Could hardly walk down the paths. The wait for The Cheesecake Factory was 2 hours (after the 1/2 hour wait just to find out how long the wait was). Needless to say, we didn't eat there. :) But, I would imagine if it were MUCH less crowded, and you had the time to browse leasurely, it could be very enjoyable. :)

The Bird Nest said...

Great pictures! At least, what I saw in my mind's eye looked like you had a blast!