Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Funny Sayings

Before I forget them entirely, I wanted to post some of Addie's most recent funny sayings. You know, those things kids say that are just so cute? Well, we've had a few lately that we wanted to share.

The first and second happened last month, and sprung out of our trips out in the car to go look at Christmas lights.
"Some"
We'd been out the night before looking at lights, which I diligently pointed out to our backseat rider. The next day we came home from some errands, Addie looked at our Christmas tree and proudly proclaimed, "Some!" I had NO IDEA what she was talking about. She did it several more times, always at the tree, and always saying "some!" Finally I figured it out when we went out looking at lights again. Everytime I pointed out lights to Addie I said "There's some!", and being no fool, she learned that you don't call them lights, you call them "some." Therefore, our Christmas tree was covered in "some."

"Honey Look!"
This is by far our favorite. Not wanting to point out lights on our light-looking expeditions as "some" anymore, I tried saying other things. See, Addie would sit in the back asking and hollering "Lights! Lights!" and wouldn't see them when we drove past. So I would say "Addie, look over there" or "there's some." Evidently I also said "Honey, look!" quite often, because as we drove down one street and Addie spotted some for herself, we heard a squeeky voice in the backseat belt out "Honey, Look!" Now, if you've ever had your two year old call you honey, you would know that it isn't funny at first, but a little creepy. But when she said it over and over, we finally started laughing. Just last week we were coming home after dark and someone still had their lights up, and once again Addie announced "Honey, look!"

"Thank You Much"
Last week Addie heard me thank the saleswoman at the store with "Thank you very much" and she decided she should say it that way too. I wish you could hear her little voice on this one, because it's really what makes it so cute. The "Thank You" part is said in a low and quick voice and the "Much" part is high, squeeky, and loud. It gets me every time.

"Book-Bary"
This started Sunday when we were getting ready to go to church. We were telling Addie that we'll need to take some books back to the church library, but we can pick out a few more to bring home. Once we were within sight of the library, she excitedly announced "Book-bary!" and wanted to go right in. Yesterday I told her we were going to go out and do some errands and she asked "Book-bary?" Again today, that's where she wanted to go. I haven't corrected this much because I think it's so darn cute! I guess I can always teach her to say the right word when she's older. :)

4 comments:

kajeman said...

I would just laugh at the "honey look". I love the book-bary. I think it should just be your word for library. Of course you will teach the right word but it could be something cute you know a family word that she created. And if you don't like it well I might just steal it and tell Mikayla. The best ideas are stolen in case you didn't know.

kimi said...

oh my gosh, he's been hanging out with me WAY too much (the best ideas are stolen)

I love the book bary and it makes me thing of Gramma Mazoo and pisketti.

DellaRose said...

i agree...leave "book bary"...my family taught me that rice pilaf was called "Peon rice" that's right pee-on rice...it is a wonderful family joke from my parents' honey moon, but i didn't find it out till i was in highschool...some friend had me over for dinner and i discovered that others had a different name for the dish...i was never embarrassed and always smile about it...if i could do just fine with that one...how totally fun is "bookbary" and easy to get away with

Arreguin Family said...

Alexis (2) started calling us "honey" a few weeks ago. Her phrase was "come here honey"

-Tyler's sis