Monday, January 21, 2008

Telling Secrets

Prepare yourself people, I'm about to reveal some facts about myself that I usually don't make public. But hey, in the name of blogging entertainment, I am now willing to let some info become public. Plus, I'm 30 now, and some of these experiences are far enough behind me to be much less embarrasing now.

It all started with this shirt, which my sister and bro-in-law gave me for Christmas. Why this shirt? Because the continual teasing about my appearance as a contestant on "The Price is Right" will never end. I am just going to accept it. That's right- I was on the Price is Right. No, you CANNOT see the tape. Why? Because I acted goofy, nervous, and wierd. It's embarrassing! However, I do enjoy playing the DVD home version of the game, which I got from Kim & Keith at Christmas. In the theme of the gift, they also got me this shirt.

Just one problem. Love the logo thing, not gonna wear the shirt. Why? Because it says "The Wife is Right." Hopefully if you know me, you know that one of my life goals is to learn and model what it is to be a submissive wife, as I am called in Scripture to be. I think God's plan of submission is a gift that frees me to be who He made me to be. And I think that promoting the attitude of "I'm right, not you" goes against what it is to be a Christian, dying to self and living for Christ and others.

Now, Kim & Keith know this, and knew I wouldn't go for the message, but liked the logo thing. And they told me they read the shirt as saying "The Wife is Right" as in "Greg picked the right wife", which was very sweet. But I still felt a little funny wearing the shirt in public when people would think I meant it the other way. So they returned the shirt and got me this one instead.

It just came this week and I LOVE it!
This shirt is much more appropriate, not because I am wonder wife, but because of my history wearing "Wonder" apparel.

See?




Stop laughing.



Don't make me regret sharing this information with you or I won't tell my other secrets. And there's some good ones people.






And yes, I did win something on the Price is Right. Everybody asks, I'm sure you want to know too. I won a paddle boat. Yes, a paddle boat. I know, it's almost too much for you, isn't it?

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

The Spaids said...

I think I have a copy of that picture somewhere.

kajeman said...

I think kim meant it to be just like the game show title means. on the price is right you win something when you get the right price. Well the "spirit" of intent was the wife is right which in the game show analogy Greg picked the right wife and gets a life with you to share and grow into a family. That's my thought anyhow. I get what you mean though and if it makes you more comfortable then that's what we wish for you.

Sally said...

I was 11 when you were on the price is right. I watched you, Grandma Graham died and I got sick as well as Val & Barb. Impressed with my good memory? =D

Amy said...

Wow, Niki! Thanks for such a "wonder" ful story. I am staying tuned for the next installment (BTW, I hope the next installment has as good of a picture as this one!!) :)

Sybrand and Beth de Swardt said...

So, can I invite myself to your house for dinner next Tuesday night? I can't find your e-mail address or I would e-mail and ask instead of allowing my forwardness to be seen by all. My e-mail is beth@gracechurch.co.za.

kimi said...

WOW Sally! that was all that year? That's about right, I was living in the townhouse in Redmond, I remember that month but I forgot that the price is right was then. Wow, reliving something I didn't want to.

SO glad you LOVE the new shirt, it's 100 thousand times better. you da bomb. teach me all your ways.

Mom Linda said...

And the worst part about winning the paddle boat was that you had to pay income tax at the next higher tax rate, which took all the $$ that you got when we sold it.

kimi said...

where's the picture of you singing into a jumprope with sunglasses and your nightgown on. that one is a winner.

Matto and Kafrum said...

That's stuff I already knew about you. Tell us some more juicy secrets!

markandjesss said...

I think your blog should win an award. :)